Wednesday, July 4, 2007

my family

my beautiful father...

your love for music was what connected us fully
that understanding of Emotion as an intelligent force
and so there was always that trust we had in each other
to realise the subtleties that lies between all

but as the years went by the light dimmed in your eyes
your skepticism grew, your Emotions seemed to have died
your being just you became overwhelmed by the you that the ignorant only knew
i see you daddy, and i know you - the fire that is quintessentially you.


my beautiful mother...

your superficial concerns bothered me
how the path to success was such a strict one-way route
and then as your endless attention choked me silently,
your soul neverendingly ignored mine

but as the years went by i saw you
the you as a child to a girl to a mum
the woman that had fears, had dreams, had tears
and i understood that i am you and you are me.


my beautiful brother Cedric...

your happiness was undesirable to those around
it rendered you too carefree to a bourjeoisie crowd,
too unable to see the drive that you ought to have
and i was sucked in with just that little help from my own insecurities

but as my self-awareness grew, i saw how misjudged you were
a victim of weakness in others and not weakness in you
a character borne out of steered perception and not out of truth
and i remembered the boy that i have always loved so deeply yet quietly.


my beautiful brother Calixtus...

your genius was never in question
at any young age you were able to take on the knowledge of any adult
but you became just the baby prodigy
and when there was another and when you grew up, you disappeared.

what nobody understood was the depths of your genius
it carried beyond the bounds of academic progress
it was the passionate search for the answers to mysteries
you are the brave warrior soldiering on to take on the universe.


my beautiful brother Carrick...

your mature selflessness became misunderstood
you were uncommon and humble and sweet
you were cutie as cutie can be
you were Too Good To Be True

but it was true and you are my most precious gift
so full of life, so full of every possible good thing i know in this existence
you are so very precious to me
you are my bestest, bestest friend


so much love to give to all of you... so much joy... i thank you all for everything.


Cedric & Me

12 comments:

david santos said...

Hello, Celestine!
Your work is perfect, congratulations.
I go for Africa in day 8 of this month.
I go stops next to the abandoned children.
I come back in October.
I adored to know your work.
Until always

David Santos

DreamCatcher said...

lovely lovely!!!

Russell CJ Duffy said...

nothing like family. i am an only child but to watch my children is fascinating.

J.T. said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog.

Beautiful writing you have here. So heartfelt.

K.K. said...

lovely writing! wished i could be as poetic... :)

Ruela said...

Good work!
Love your visit.

Unknown said...

Thanks for d visit to my blog!
Its only a few who can write uch a kind of post.Writing for ones lover is wt everyone can do, bt writing for d family is wt only a few can manage....and u did dat beautifully.

Janice Thomson said...

What beautiful tributes to your family Celestine...and what wonderful insight into your changing views. Wonderful!

Raghu Ram Prasad said...

Celestine! Lovely family,,,,and keep your warm love always to your father and mother and also brother

Unknown said...

well..everyone can write for the lover...but do all the people write for their families??I dont think so.Its not exactly abt the difficuilty....but more abt the deapth of feelings and the time it requires which now a days ppl dont have.

Anonymous said...

oh u look really pretty!!
has 3 brothers? wat a princess!!

Anonymous said...

love this tribute to your mother especlly!!
i was moved :)