Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The Game of Mahjong

I see the now. I see the evermore. All is clear. All is peaceful. Balancing at this point is easy because it is the most natural occurrence. I see the now. I see the evermore.

*

First I receive my tiles. Nothing more, nothing less. Flowers are replaced. Turn by turn. More flowers are replaced. Turn after turn. While there is a wait, cards are arranged, a discard tile is set.

Next I play the game. Watch the throws, adjust my game to the flow. I must be conscious of the flow. Heighten my senses, understand the mental energies. If I have a fan already I make my first set as soon as it comes. Only if my cards can go either way.

If it has eight of the same I make my efforts towards getting all the same. If it is distinctly 3 of a kind I play that as well. If it is a very good combination of consecutives, that's what I will do. As I said, see the flow. See the flow of EVERYTHING.



Clarity is when you see the immediate to the infinite. You know what to focus on now. And you do that. You know what you have to do next and you smoothly move on to that. Like a paragraph to the next. Coherent and cohesive. Perfection. Most of all, you know what the entire purpose is and it all links up to that. There is no confusion as to which step comes first in the mind, which surrounds and which follows. They are all different but arranged. They are not fixed but flexible. They respond to the flows that comes and goes, and they are guiltless and egoless. No pain on the slips, no self-labelling on the falls. Each slip is easily utilised to the next step. Each fall is seen as part and parcel of the process.

Clarity is the undeniable wisdom.

*

I see the now. I see the evermore. All is clear. All is peaceful. Balancing at this point is easy because it is the most natural occurrence. I see the now. I see the evermore.

11 comments:

Paul Champagne said...

I have never played mahjong ... sounds a lot like chess.

Keshi said...

ty for stopping by my blog :)

I hv heard so much abt this game. But never played it.

Keshi.

Jonzz said...

Wah, the Zen of Mahjong! LOL..

I was reading your blog when I wondered who was watching movies in the office. Then I realized your golden compass trailer was playing. Oops.

Margie said...

Thanks so much for visiting my blog.

I have played mahjong and do enjoy it very much!
I used to play with my mom!

Take care!

Margie:)

Janice Thomson said...

I too love mahjongg. I play it all the time on my desktop. It is a fascinating game that lends one's thoughts to an otherworldly sphere.
Beautiful post Celestine.

Raquel said...

I didn't play mahjong, don't know how but I hear people who like to play this game they get hooked on it.

Nadine said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I've written only the one book and I'm working on another. The first one is not published yet.

I've played mahjong only on the computer, but would love to play "live" one day. It's an interesting game.

AVIANA said...

welcome, welcome, welcome to my little blog...

it's always nice to meet new bloggers...

i've never heard of this game before and your literary description is really interesting...keep writing... :)

Tani said...

my parents play mahjong. it's a game for smart people because you have to use strategy.

Tani said...

my parents play mahjong. it's a game for smart people because you have to use strategy.

Cavalock said...

great game but sometimes hard to find people to play.