Tuesday, May 8, 2007

The Heavy Heart/The Growing Ego

I opened it with growing anticipation.
My mind has stopped and only expectation remained.
I want something good but anything could be bad.
Except what I desired, Astounding.
It became not about the object but about my self-image.
It became all about whether I was good or was bad.
One item could bring down my sense of worth.
One item could reign supreme against all other occasions.
Just because it is the most recent occurence.
One reason could neglect all others in the rage of insecurity.
Began by the Ego, craved by the weak.
It is easier to let go to nasty suspicions.
To lay upon others the job to affirm the lazy spirit.

It was ALL irrational, illogical...

(I opened it with anticipation.
Knowing full well that the box was old although it was heavy.
It would be grand to have something good, but 'bad' only does exist for the pessimist.
I know it can be Astounding, and if it wasn't, the next would be.
My Self has nothing to do with all that happens.
My Self is that distant observer watching it all.
All time - past, present, future - is the same to my Self.
Every reason equates to all others to infinity.
Began by the Heart, the true position.
The Ego blocks the heart which in turns, the mind.
And it is impossible to think at full Self.)

~

My Love, thank you for being my muse.

4 comments:

goatman said...

The words are at once confusing and revealing, as life is.
Thanks for visiting my blog and asking about fractals. These can be described as graphical representations of a mathematical process. For each pixel on the screen a mathematical expression is assigned a value, then that value is inserted back into the expression over and over (iteration). Depending on how fast this goes to infinity a color is assigned for the pixel. Suffice it to say that it is very time consuming since there are a lot of pixels which make up the screen (my first fractal back in 1985 took 23 hours to run on a yellow/black monitor. Today, they run in seconds with color screens!
Anyways, this is basically it -- hope it wasn't too involved an explanation. Many people now buy a program (apophysis, fractal forge, fractal explorer, etc) which does the work for you without your having to know programming. The ones you see on websites such as stacey's are like that. Note: the emblem where my picture should be is a fractal I programmed years ago and looks like a blue claw and is quite detailed in its full expression.
I like your blog.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful poetry if I may say!

jac said...

So its is the ego here too !!

jac said...

Came back to say thank you for visiting me. Come again.